Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Engineering activities regulated by Public Works include, but are not limited to:



Bridge pic 2


Apply for Excavation and Approach Permits Online 

Odyssey Advantages:

Excavation Permit Applications require:

  • Site plan showing areas of excavation
  • Revegetation plan signed by the Weed District. You can find that form here.

Approach Permit Applications will require:

  • Site plan showing entire property with access location & width noted.

All documents should be uploaded as .pdf (portable document format) files.

If accessing off a state highway, please call the Montana Department of Transportation to obtain an approach permit by calling them at 406-523-5800 or click here.

If planning to do work in or near a river or stream on public or private lands, a 310 permit must first be obtained thru the Missoula Conservation District. 

ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) Compliance

The Missoula County Department of Public Works is committed to ensuring compliance with all provisions of the Standards or Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards (UFAS) in building and maintaining street level pedestrian walkways.

MS4 (Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System) Information

Montana Department of Environmental Quality Stormwater Information

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer